Monday, November 23, 2009

Welcome to the Invasion

Hello and thank you for taking a minute to read the first post of my new blog; Invasion: IK. I'm a pretty new player to the Warmachine/Hordes world. A friend and I bought our first Hordes models back in February of 2007. We played once or twice proxying in some D&D Minis before life kind of took us away from the game.

Earlier this year (2009) I found myself needing to fill my free time with a hobby that wasn't World of Warcraft. I also was wanted to get involved in some kind of regular group or community gaming activity. I knew that 40K was huge at a local game store and found myself researching that game and playing a demo or two. In late May I realized that I just couldn't justify the financial requirements that 40K makes just to field a standard sized army, let alone a good one. After remembering those Hordes models in my basement I gave up on the idea of playing 40K and began searching for local WM/H players. All I really found was a Press Ganger who lived 40 or so miles away. Fortunately for us, the local game store that actively stocks WM/H is about halfway between the two of us.

Since then I switched my focus from that Trollblood warpack to developing my Protectorate collection. I have so much that I want from all kinds of factions, but for now Menoth is my primary and with the Hordes MkII info being released I may take another look at my trolls.

Outside of painting and gaming, I want to also focus on community building with the blog. There is yet to be a coherent WM community in my local area. With the proper release of MkII looming just past the horizon, my new friend and I are looking to bring the few occasional players some encouragement in coming together and forming a community. We are also hoping to make some inroads with some of the local GW players as well as bring in those who might have never played any tabletop wargames before.

This will be my first hand account of the Invasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment